Local non-profit Alexa’s Hugs, Inc. is offering Just Drive – Take Action Against Distraction to promote safe and responsible driving on Colorado roadways.
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
Distracted driving now joins alcohol and speeding as a leading cause of motor vehicle injury collisions.Research has shown that talking on the phone while driving increases the risk of collision by FOUR times, and texting increases crash risk by 8 to 23 times.Consequently, the National Safety Council estimates that 26% of collisions in 2013 were attributed to cell phone use while driving.Data indicates that car crashes cost employers $47.44 billion in 2013, and nearly half that cost was from crashes that occurred off-the-job.
WHAT IS ‘JUST DRIVE’?
A FREE one-hour class delivered to your employees as part of your employee safety and wellness programs.The next TEN sessions are provided through a grant from the Colorado Department of Transportation.
WHAT WILL EMPLOYEES LEARN?
- Risks associated with driving distracted
- Emotional, physical, financial, and legal consequences of distracted driving
- Practical strategies for reducing distracted driving habits and influencing others
- Distracted driving laws in Colorado
WHAT ARE THE POTENTIAL BENEFITS TO EMPLOYERS?
- Demonstrate concern for employee health and safety
- Reinforcement of company/agency cell phone policies
- Safer employees on the road, both on- and off-the-job
- Contribute to improving safety on Colorado’s roadways